Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Top 10 Words of Wisdom

I've been trying to list my favorite motos, phrases and wise words for the last couple of days. You know, these little sayings that makes you a bit more positive, productive or just puts a smile on your face ? Anyway, here is my top 10 favorite wise words list.

  1. "The Glass is Always Half Full", not sure who said this but this is my NO. 1 moto, people often accuse me of being overly optimistic about life; and they have also predicted that I will suffer intense disillusion because of it someday. I agree with the first assertion, but have yet to suffer the dire consequences they anticipate for me in the second.

  2. "Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable than risk being happy.", Robert Anthony, Many times I feel like people actually do choose to be unhappy. They seem to go in to a loop with unhappy feelings, instead of doing the best of the situation and move on. Yes, I know, it’s not always as easy to do as to say… But I really feel like some people don’t even try any more. Or rather a lot of the people don’t try any more.

  3. "Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  4. "Tough and funny and a little bit kind, that is as near to perfection as a human being can be.", Mignon McLaughlin. Still looking for a person who satisfies all the criteria ! So In your face Miganon ! :P

  5. "One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman that even a bargain costs money. " Edgar Watson Howe, OK ! Again, I have to remind you all that I am NOT a sexist ! :P :D

  6. "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me." Erno Philips, :)

  7. "Human beings,by changing the inner attitudes of their minds,can change the outer aspects of their lives." Again, one of my everyday motos

  8. "Falling down is not failure, staying down is failure!!"

  9. "Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from NOT reading it!" This is always the case with me ! I always keep getting the experience part, for some weird reason ! :P But I blame it on me being spontaneous. :D

  10. "By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day." Robert Frost, sadley this came true, in a very short period and NOW I bloody HATE this phrase but wanted to mention it because it used to be my moto ! :x :D

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Gaz said...

I like no.6,another good one is"Live everyday like it's going to be your last,because one day your going to be rite".

6:05 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

lol This no. 12, you can add "and slowly lose your life".

12:34 PM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Gazza: heheh glad you did, how true is that ? and actually thought of adding this phrase ! :)

irc: hehe exactly ! :D

3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanna share mine with you...

Do we quit playing because we grow old, or do we grow old because we quit playing?... not really who said this, must be unknown i guess... :P

5:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mignon McLaughlin must have been thinking of me when that was written lol.

9:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, like this one!

And I've always thought that the glass was half full :)

12:07 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

drama dive: I like your phrase ! I guess that we actually grow old because we quit playing ! :) I hope that I never quit playing ! Ok, so where is that PS3 my lil brother asked for for xmas ! :P Anyway which part of the saying would you agree with ?

Jingo: Well come back mate, really ? I need to keep an eye on you ! there is a perfect human being after all! :D

ST: Hello my friend ! Well, you know what they say ! Great minds think a like ! ;)

12:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All work and no play makes Jake a dull boy... and that's wat happened to me...

it's so damn true... last few days, i feel like im a boring person, i mean less interesting... since my life is work, gym and work...

but last nite was a blast, went out partying and mingling with ppl... it was so refreshing! i think the "old" me is back....!!! i hope she is back for good!!

6:39 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

This is a good one also, it reminds me of the Jack Nicholson movie "One Flew Over The CUCKOO'S Nest" where he loses it, and starts typing this on 500 odd pages ! But yes, it is a true saying and it does work ! So I wouldn't read to much into your problem, don't worry about it, diva !

Another good phrase which might be related to your problem would be "Work hard, play harder" :)

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Veeeva said...

the glass is not half full..just twice as it should be.

:)

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Munther said...

mmm, so that makes it half full :P doesn't it ? STOP confusing me ! :D

7:32 PM

 
Blogger Veeeva said...

yea yea.. still half full..i just meant that the problem is in the glass itself, not the other way round.

my fav. one is "a ship in the harbor is safe, but thats not what ships are for"

also, this one..
what would the world be without men?
no crime and lots of fat happy women!

11:27 PM

 
Blogger Gaz said...

Still breahings fat happy women made me laugh,and do we quit playing was also a good 1!

4:29 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Ok, the harbour one makes it to my top 20 list ! :)

Fat women one ? Yeah that's just plain hilarious ! :D

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home