Monday, November 20, 2006

Riyadh Trip (part 1)

So it had been a while since my last post but unlike my not so super sidekick I was having major decisions to make (Khalid where the hell are you ?). Anyway I promised you all a post regarding my trip to Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) so I am obliged to do so (Me and my BIG mouth, I knew that I should've kept it shut!:P)


Anyway I decided to cut the story into 2 parts because my (Blogging for dummies book, says that I shouldn't post long posts, JUST kidding ! :D I am just Lazy :P)

Going to Saudi:

I knew that it would be bad news when the HR Department contacted me regarding a trip to Riyadh, the woman (who spoke to me) was quite excited (I wonder why ? Riyadh is NOT exactly Disney land, or is it ?) So I decided to decline the offer but all my efforts went to pot due to the sudden change of tune in the Lovely woman's voice which scared the living lights outta me ! :D :P Anyway so I dragged myself to the happy department and went through the regular boring procedures of signing papers and finally picked my tickets. Two days later and on the day of my trip I discovered that my passport was expired (Bad Omen ?) I hope NOT ! Thank god, I discovered it early in the morning our I would've missed my plane ! :P Cutting a long story short, I managed to reissue a new one in a couple of hours. Good, now that this problem was sorted, I went to pack my bags and asked my father to drop me at the airport, and yup ! I got stuck in traffic for 30 minutes (Road works, how on EARTH do you go and do such a thing without informing people ?):-x Anyway, I finally reached the airport just to discover that I have missed my plane by 2 minutes !:-x I started to think, now this might NOT be a good idea!). So I rescheduled for the next flight on a different airline and went back home just to return after 3 hours ! There is no chance on EARTH, I was gonna miss this flight ! :P The plane was awful but the food was good which made it better. 30 something minutes later I touched down in Riyadh and I couldn't help it but I felt under the weather instantly ! Plus looking at the huge LCD screens my local team was losing the Asian Cup final ! GOD ! please let me outta my misery :(

What a way to greet your guests ! :D I didn't like this water fountain (No pun intended) ! :P

7 Comments:

Blogger Veeeva said...

thanks God u spared us the petty details of how the taking off and the landing made u nauseous or whether the air-hostess was wearing a super mini skirt that would reveal her underwear whenever she bends.

btw, r u a messy person? and how was the plane awful?

12:04 AM

 
Blogger Khalid said...

Lol Mo, there was more to it than I originally anticipated. I suppose it was the path to the climax. Am sure you won't be in a hurry to go back to Riyadh anytime soon. I suppose this trip wasn't supposed to be the greatest for you given all the drama that you had to go through, especially not being able to access the net, lol.

You kind of remind me of an incident I had to go through. I told you about it before when I forgot my laptop in the taxi and nearly boarded the train. I would've been soooo screwed if I didn't actually bother to check my train ticket which led to the conclusion that something was missing. It happens, sometimes ;).

Oh ya, am back :D!!!

12:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL still breathing LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...... MOE im so happy that you finely decide to write a post in to your blog .. I was almost going to delite your blog from my list .. NO UPDATES at all .....

Khalido ! enta feen? ....how como you forgot your laptop in the taxi?....

2:00 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Still breathing: lol regarding the hostess thing, and I am a very orginsed person at least I claim so ! :P The plane ? Well my friend, it was one of those tiny ones with just to jets (What if one breaks down ? I curse the day which I've became an engineer at), Another thing with it being tiny it also obviously meant that there was no space what so ever ! Even in Business Class (how ? ME no know ! :P)

Khalid: Well, you know exactly how traveling is horrible ! Check, recheck and check again ! :)

Lorena: You wouldn't DARE and DELETE us ! We are your friends ! :P ;) Will post more often ! It's amusing how you go away for a couple of weeks and people start to get fidgety, eh ? :D :P

3:33 PM

 
Blogger Gaz said...

Hope you didnt spend too much on pressies for us all.LOL

4:03 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Hehe, you think that got me depressed ? No way ! I am made of steel ! :P NOT really ! :D wait for the 2nd part of the post and judge ! ;) Where did your emails go by the way mate ! :o

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Khalid said...

Mo, I know, the usual checkin drill.

Lorena, see the story was like this. I was visiting my friends over in the midlands here in the UK and it was time for me to leave. I put my bags in the trunk and my friend put my laptop in the backseat instead of the back with my luggage. I was in the front seat so I totally forgot about it when I went out cause I didn't load it myself and it wasn't in the back at the same time. A few seconds before the train was supposed to arrive, I decided to check if I had the tickets with me. Before I even got to checking whether I had them, it struck me that my laptop was missing and it has all my work which I need for the next day and weeks to come. To make matters worse, my friend called the cab for me so I didn't even have the number for it. I had to go all the way back to my friends place and call the cab again. He offered to bring it the next day but I insisted that he come right now and I'd pay him (I gave him 8 pounds). I finally got my laptop, went back to my friends room and stayed over for the night. To make matters worse, I forgot my ticket fell out of my bag and I found it on the floor next to where my bag was originally lying. I suppose it was meant to happen for me to have a safe journey back. The problem is the trip is 4 hours and a half so if I left, I would've been sooooo screwed. This is the only time that this happened to me. I hope it never happens again :D.

10:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home