Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Poem to My Country (My Country Awake)

Where the mind is without fear and the head held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by Thee into ever-widening thought and action;
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jingo said...

Brilliant pic. When I was in China I tried taking pictures of the sky. Unfortunately, they never really capture the vibrance like in real life.

Leave to the professionals I guess.

12:32 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

I'd have to say, that I've always fancied taking great photos but like you, I always fail! I can't take a decent photo to save myself ! :P

1:31 AM

 
Blogger Khalid said...

I like the poem, well written and concise. It's a nice shot, taken from Sitra to be specific. If you guys are intersted in such photos, I have a few really good ones that I'll share with you :).

2:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home