Friday, July 14, 2006

Childhood Mischief (Childhood Memories pt.1)

Due to it being a verrrrryyyy slow Friday, I’ve decided to go down memory line. Most of my memories also involve my cousin and co-blogger Khalid.

My cousin and I were raised as brothers, which meant spending most of our time hanging out at our granny’s house (obviously a recipe for mischief).

One of my funniest childhood memories start’s (if the memory serves me right) by begging our grandmother for money (100 files each) :D to go to the shop which we managed to do easily using the (puppy eyes) maneuver. Now with the money bagged :D, feeling clever B) I suggested to Khalid that we should take a shortcut, to which he agreed with a bit of hesitance for this shortcut goes right through the “Drunken Aziz’s Territory”; Aziz was the neighborhood’s alchy and had quite a temper on him especially when it came to kids.

Anyhow taking one careful step after another the expected happened !! YES, we bumped into Aziz :O so instead of laying low, my DEAR cousin decided; and I don’t know where he got his courage from; to approach the guy and strike this short conversation:

** Aziz busy, doing something under his car’s bonnet (although drunk) **

Khalid: Ehm ! Are you drunken Aziz ?

** Aziz Left’s his head with the scariest look in his glazed eyes, and the rest was history in the small dark neighborhood ! YES, Hell broke ! **

Aziz: Who are you calling drunk ? you little @#$% ! (grabs the nearset log and starts chasing us)

** In our haste to go to the shop we decided on wearing our grannies Scholl mules (which wasn’t exactly Nike sneakers) but we managed to leg it **



Now my grannie’s place used to face an ally where the rest of the neighborhoods kids used to play (our obvious destination). I still remember the havoc which started when we got there, kids were screaming hands on cheek (similar to a scene from the Godzilla movie) and running every where looking for a shelter from the flames of Aziz’s anger.

Anyway being older than Khalidm, I managed to jump a neighbor’s fence and hide in his garden while Khalid managed to hide in one of the allies. After what seemed like ages and after having numerous careful peeks (I, over the fence, Khalid, just off the corner of the ally) we managed to finally gather some courage and give it one last sprint to the safety of our grannie’s place, just to be greeted with a scolding and the most dreaded weapon of our youngest aunt a couple of drops from the Tabasco bottle in our mouths. :-x :P

P.S: will try finding old photos for this series of posts so bare with us ;) :P

6 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

Aaah, I love those mules. Can't imagine running in them though.

So.. what ever happened to Aziz?

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Well I am not really sure, I think he just decided that he was chasing a lost cause or he just discovered that he would sober up if he continued running behind kids ! :) :P

Anyway my grandparents moved houses and last I've heard about him is that he really damaged his health from all the alcohol abuse! :(

5:32 PM

 
Blogger Gaz said...

Same type of story!In Bootle(4 miles from liverpool city centre)was a special needs guy called Tony Riley,we used wind him up till he chased us,but i got cought and the loser battered me big time,never did that again..LOL

4:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should tell them about U digging old graves out , behind yer house ... ! Muahahahhaha ...

8:18 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

hehehehe, well I guess that just shows what would have happpened to us if we had been cought gazza !! hehehehe I think we would've had the same thing done to us lol.

Moody, now I know we go way back me and you :D but sadly I cant remember the story of the graves ! :( please tell us about it ! :)

10:54 AM

 
Blogger Khalid said...

Ahh the good old days, feels like yesterday really. And ya, it wasn't the alley where I hid, it was our neighbour's speedboat (mama Noora).

Tooners, my grandmother told Munther that Aziz is pretty sick at the time being. It's all the booze that he's drinking that's probably killing his liver.

Gazza, rofl, you cracked me up big time. I tell you, if he whipped us with that big piece of wood filled with nails, we'd either be dead or in the ICU for a very long time.

Ha Munther, I see you're a grave digger lol. I should be careful around you then. Am not an angel myself, am a slipper burier. In a way, we complement each other ;).

More to come later :).

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home