Thursday, July 13, 2006

Girlie Cars

What's with the japs ? First they come up with the Toyota Xa and now this ? :D I never doubted the Japanese engineering abilities but there is another thing which japs are good at "weirdness"! you've gotta give them that they are number one in anything they put their mind into. :P I received these images in an email titled "Girlie Cars" this morning and couldn't believe my eyes ! I would assume that these cars were modded in a TV show similar to the "Pimp My Car" one on MTV. I couldn't help but think whether these designs would be popular here ? Whether Bahraini girls would shell out their saving for such cars ? I certainly hope NOT ! :D


I mean "hello kitty" ? Come on !


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess living in Japan for nearly 2 years now has made me indifferent to these types of things :)

In Japan, the culture of "Kawa-i" (which means "cute") is a very big business here, particularly with the females (I guess there might be some guys who are into it to, but - to each his own).

These types of decorations and being "cute and girly" is not only in cars, but things like cellphone accessories, clothing, bags, "good luck charms", etc etc.

I guess you have to visit Tokyo to understand what it's all about :) hehehe.. thanks for the post :)

8:23 PM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Hi Hasan, nice to see you on the blog !! :)
I would love to visit Japan at some point but not so soon !! I still can't understand the cute vs. scary type of culture they have over there (The Ring & Grudge experience) still haunts me I guess !! hehe :P

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home