Sunday, July 09, 2006

WanderingScribe (weirdest blog)

This gotta be the weirdest thing I ever came across on the web ! It seems that a homeless person from the UK managed to have her own BLOG which she called Wandering Scribe !

It's all laid that way, the blog owner becomes homeless, so she gets into her car and drives. She has nowhere to go, so she stays in the car, with all her possessions stacked in the back, sleeping in the front seats, parking in isolated streets.

No one notices her, because she makes sure she looks respectable, taking showers and even ironing her clothes in public places like hospitals. She has made herself invisible, out of touch from anyone she used to know, and keeping separate from other homeless people.

But this is the information age. And even though she doesn't speak to anyone, she goes into a library where she accesses the internet and writes an online journal (a homelessness blog "if you like") which she uses to describe all her unspoken experiences and feelings.


I couldn't help but have sympathy for the lady and decided to have her on my weekly hit list (due to her posting on weekly basis), The blog is written in a well structured manner which indicates that the lady is educated and have fallen into this due to bad fortune. Anyway I would recommend this blog TRUST ME, this is a blog worth visiting !

5 Comments:

Blogger wanderingScribe said...

You really need to get the full story.
Take a look at http://wanderingego.blogspot.com

Hugs.....
WS

12:46 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Hello WS..

What I didn't understand from your blog is how did you discover her real identity ? It's a shame that people might use other people's good nature to thier own advantage !! :( But still if we imagened that she's being truthful, her blog will still be a good read !!

Cheers for the heads up mate, because I was thinking of making a donation !! :-X

1:31 PM

 
Blogger Um Naief said...

Well, as soon as I read your post on this, I wondered if it was truthful on her part. First, I can not imagine someone living out of their car and writing about it. Where does she get the money for gas to drive around? How can you go into a hospital and iron your clothes? I'm a skeptic though...

I will check out the link above from WS... I've looked at this woman's blog and scanned thru it, but I do doubt the truthfulness from it.

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Um Naief said...

Well, I check out the link from WS... and, really, I had a lot of the same thougths. How in the world did Amazon get ahold of a book she's writing if she's not even finished w/ it? I thought THAT was very odd and immediately made me think that she was lying. I like both sites... thanks for the insight.

9:07 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Hello again Tooner..

Thanks for commenting, I totally think that the women is a con artist, I think that she used the blog as a marketing tool ! :( Thank god I didn't push that paypal button

5:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home