Monday, December 18, 2006

Bahrain in the 60s

Still in the spirit of the National Day of these precious islands. I've wanted to post these photos a long time ago but was waiting for a more suitable occasion to post them at. These photos were sent to me on my email some 2 months ago and I still enjoy them ! Very fascinating !

This photo was taken at the Bahrain International Airport (Notice the ME Airlines plane) I don't think that we get them here nowadays !

Bahrain (Portuguese) Fort prior to the renovation which in my opinion morphed it into some weird building

Awali Town (still nothing changed there) the cars maybe ! :P

Manama Market (The Capital's Souq)

The Main Bus Station (Muharraq) notice how the buses are made of wood ! :o

Qasari Stream (The Aqua Park now), we used to have lots of them ! Now they all dried up ! :(

Budaiya at the 60s (my roots hail from there) ! How different ! :)


What amazes me the most is, that these photographs are actually 46 years old ! That's older than me by 21 years ! :o :D

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ashish Gorde said...

These pictures are really cooool... thanks for posting them... I remember the wooden buses because they were around right up to the early '70s.

6:30 PM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Glad that the pictures got your liking ! :) Regarding the buses have you ever had a ride on one of them ? Or were you too young at the time ?

7:18 PM

 
Blogger Khalid said...

Nice pics, saw a few before. I've seen some really good ones too, I'll look for them tomorrow and post the links here. Things did change in the last 4 decades, it's impressive :).

2:28 AM

 
Blogger Gaz said...

Boss pic's,what a diff a few years make?what will the next gen say "you used petrol" lol

6:01 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Hiya mate ! Glad you liked pics gazza..

:)

3:11 PM

 
Blogger Um Naief said...

wow... wooden buses. now, that's something i've never heard of. sounds sorta freaky. can't imagine riding around in one of those. surprising to see so many expats here during that time. but prob a lot of british.

11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home