Friday, August 04, 2006

My hate to travel to Saudi

One of the things that I hate doing is going to Saudi Arabia. Whether for a family function or shopping, you name the activity, I just can't get into grips with the whole idea ! :) Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the Saudis nor their country, I just can't understand those people (Bahrainis) who enjoy going there ! Women (Believe it or not) :D are the biggest fans of this, for example I have a couple of mates who are constantly harassed by their fiancées to take them on shopping sprees over there. :o And when asked what's so special about shopping in Saudi, I always get the same reaction, a shrug of the shoulders and a small grunt ! :D My Family, falls in the same category, they like to go there every now and then (mainly shopping) which causes me to have debates with them on whether it's beneficial to shop there or not.

I am more confused now than ever with the whole thing and will never understand the point of travelling there, getting into the boring looooooong queues on the causeway and hope that I would never fall into this, NEVER EVER ! But my mum keeps giving my dad a small cheeky smile ;) with her saying to him "wait till he gets engaged !" :-x :P

So people (if you enjoy Saudi Arabia) please tell me what's so SPECIAL about it ?

2 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

I've never been there and see no point in it, altho all the girls that go there frequently tell me they have the best deals on things and more variety. To me, I can't imagine having to cover myself to go shopping... I'd rather buy online.

I work w/ some girls that love to go there and take trips w/ their husbands to do nothing but shop. Me, I'm not all into shopping and spending money all the time... so I guess that's why it's no big deal for me.

10:15 AM

 
Blogger LiB Team said...

Well to answer your question, there are a lot cheaper stuff than in Bahrain, like car spare parts, women's clothing, and not even necessarily cheaper, they have some high quality stuff which would have been more expensive if it existed in Bahrain. Also, the variety is bigger. OK so electronics aren't that much cheaper but other consumable stuff and clothing IS indeed much cheaper than here if you know where to go and avoid big malls. Again, in big malls you find stuff that you can't find in the same shops in Bahrain.

As far as food goes, they have bigger portions for cheaper prices and their food, believe it or not, is gooood!

Cars, if you have cash, then cars are MUCH cheaper than in Bahrain.

These are small examples of things we see and if you ask around these will be confirmed. Maybe if the greedy merchants that we have gone a bit easier on the people no one would go there. Saudi and Emirates = BIG wages, little prices. Bahrain = little wages, BIG prices.

God damn them to hell. Khalijis for having better things than us, and Bahrainis for being like the greedy bitches that they are.

8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home