Thursday, July 20, 2006

War, PC problems, Linux & using writely.com

Ok ! :-x this week is turning out to be such a draaaaag. With the situation in Lebanon getting worst by the day and the so called leading nations being such jackasses about the whole thing and ohhh don't even let me start on the Arab leaders. :-x

Anyway I decided to have my first geeky post :D; my Laptop have been giving me such a hassle so I decided to have a fresh M$ Windows installation ! I've done this loadsa times with no problems until today ! It was absolute chaos, don't know how it happened but it seems that I've muddled my partitions up (even fdisk couldn't fix them) and after going through one logical solution after another, I finally discovered that the M$ Windows installation CD does have a disk utility of some sort which luckily was able to solve the problem.

Deciding that Windows is unstable and is not my cup of tea anymore; for the millionth time; ;) :P I opted for a Linux installation (Novell's Suse Linux to be precise). Anyway to make the post as user friendly as possible; The Linux installation went smoothly (detecting all my hardware) I was up and running in 30 mins. and let me tell you all, it's heaven, stable, fast and flexible (not to mention the eye candy) ! Comparing the two OSs (Windows vs Linux) is just unfair on windows, it's almost like comparing a Ferrari with a Toyota XA (you all must've noticed how much I hate the XA by now).

Now with Linux up and running; and with nothing much left for me to do; it's back to blogging - using writely to post (finally got my invite) ! Yes; I know, that you've all missed me B) (I hope) so now that I'm back, get ready for more drivel ! :P

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the heirarchy of consumer operating systems, Windows is equivalent to an old-school Skoda/Lada, Linux is a super-efficient and very sexy looking Lexus and Mac OSX is the slightly less-efficient but incredibly more sexy BMW. In terms of sheer power, the "Ferrari" lable can only go to a true UNIX platform. ;)

(btw, sorry, I'm a Mac-guy)

If you're a laptop user, you really should consider a new Apple MacBook / MacBook Pro - that way you can have all the OS's you want installed on one machine, and can jump back and forth between them!!

7:31 PM

 
Blogger Khalid said...

I like the way you've put things. Mac is great and Linux is cool, but as you said, for the ultimate power user, nothing beats Unix.

Now that you've mentioned Mac Notebook, am sure Mo will be dreaming about it, especially that he's considering buying a new laptop. Hehehehe ;).

2:26 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

That's true, unix is the ultimate os but even, I dread the terminal bashing (Terminal: is similar to the dos prompt "Windows friends").

And man, you've opened an oooooooooooolllllllld wound ! I've always dreamt of owning a Mac (soon with my laptop buggered now) but I'm stuck between the Cool (ipod like) designs of the iBook and the power of the Powerbook ! :S

1:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there is nothing better than our Windows. We will now release Vista and for a later release, we will be releasing Windows Auto, which will do everything for you, even wipe your a$$ for you automatically.

Regards,
Bill Gate$
President, founder, owner, CEO and head janitor
Micro$oft.

10:13 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Hehe no thanks bill ! ;) Vista is just an OSX rip off. I'd rather do the switch to apple and have it on dual boot with linux ! NO Window$ :P

5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home