Friday, November 03, 2006

The Winds of Change

Having the title of the scorpions "rock band" famous hit "the winds of change" as a title for a post about the nearing elections seemed to be appropriate (Trying to be too smart amn't I ?)

Now with the parliamentary elections nearing, I couldn't help but feel positive especially with this being my first ever (was at the UK in the previous run). The main reason for my positiveness this time is that all the opposition parties are in it (ُBahrain Democratic Activism front, Alwifaq Party & others). The previous parliament proved to be a failure due to the extreme Islamists taking the lions share of seats, their failures are well documented, so I won't be giving yous a headache nor will I raise the blood pressure of mine. But I'll be discussing how impressed I was after my attendance to the launch of A.Rahman Alnaiime's (Democratic Activism Front) campaign. The attendance was massive; I didn't expect this; I struggled to find a place to park my car but still I was happy while looking for one (this is a first) for this only means a good thing, doesn't it ?

Upon reaching the campaign's base, I was overwelmed with the level of attendance (I know that all Naiime is a great man and a national hero but this was amazing)

Anyway cutting a long story short, at the keynote everything was disccused, every rock was turned and I was left with a feeling that the winds of change are coming and things will hopefully be brighter at the near future, but only if the opposition reaches the parliament.

At the end of this serious post (boring for some :P), I call upon all my fellow Bahrainis to take this run seriously and give their vote to those who deserves it regardless of their sect, clan or race and kick the extreme islamists and the "government's" MPs out of the parliament. It's time for a change, the time is NOW !



Ok off to Riyad (I am dreading this) for "The Regional Blue Collar Development Conference" which will take a week. Hope I get wifi at the hotel (very wishful thinking") :P

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And I call for my fellow Egyptians in the electons of the workers unions to be strong like they are now. Down with this idiot rule.

Hurrah for democracy in any place in this world. For justice and pease.

1:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home