Friday, August 04, 2006

Innovative Banking

An article was sent to me today which I thought I'd share with you all !! It seems that Yemen (believe it or not) is becoming a leader of innovation in the Arab world (Banking wise; that is). :O A bank in San'aa (Yemen Commercial Bank) came up with the weirdest idea; A travelling cash machine ! Yes, this is not a fragment of your imagenation ! Basically, all what you have to do is call your branch and the bank will send the cash machine to you no matter where you are ! WOW, say bbye to the "benefit network charges". :D Apparently, the idea came to the CEO while having a Qaat "some type of drug which Yemenis love" session :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

I wonder what type of banking charges you get for using that?! Do they not have teller machines in the stores like they do here?

Cool idea but almost sounds like ppl are lazy and don't want to drive to get cash.

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

hmmmmmmm that's a good question tooner ! :) With this being a very popular service in Yemen; I don't think that they do have cashlines in shops ! Plus cars might be expensive there because they are less fortunate than us ! but I would still love having this service here ! Maybe cause I am lazy ! :P

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Khalid said...

Very innovative, I like this idea, could come in handy at times. Am sure there is a charge for it, shouldn't be that much.

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home