Friday, September 01, 2006

Dishing out Bahraini passports

How should I start this post ? Should I start it with tears (which I am struggling to hold in)? Should I start smashing stuff around me (will this make me feel better)? Should I go out into the streets to protest ? Will this change the fact that our government started to dish out free (to people who will be a liability and drag us backwards) our not too precious (to them) nationality ! :x

I tried to ignore the subject, but this little itch I've been ignoring for a while had to be scratched after what I've witnessed today.

It all started when I had to go to the shops this morning, and while driving back I noticed an Indian guy standing at the bus stop, nothing abnormal there but this guy was doing strange movements, at the beginning I thought that he was itching his chest or something but after getting closer to the guy, I noticed that he was actually pulling a red booklet out of his shirts pocket ! To my shock this red booklet was in fact a Bahraini passport and this idiot was showing it off to every person who drives by him ! :x

Dishing out the Bahraini nationality have been inexistent forever but what really kills me that it had increased lately ! :x It seems that the government is panicing now that the parliament elections are nearing !

Why does a government go to such measures are beyond me ? instead of dishing out passports; in other words; buying loyalty, why not try to work on satisfying your own people ? why not work on making them loyal by making them happy ? which will be definitely more beneficial for both parties and much much cheaper for the government on the long run !

All what is left for me to say is (Can't the government see that they can NOT afford bringing on more useless, uneducated and uncivilized people (this is type of people which the gov seem to be targeting) to a country which its public services are starting to deteriorate ? :(

Penny for your thoughts people !

5 Comments:

Blogger Khalid said...

I really don't know much about this ongoing saga, but my viewpoint on it is the following: if you satisfy all the conditions legally, then you deserve a passport. From what I know, if you're an Arab national, you need 15 years, others need 25 years. Otherwise, dishing out passports is just silly like hell especially to people who won't benefit the country at all and am not talking about any specific race or country.

Basically, the more you think about this nonesense, the more it'll drive you mad. The problem needs to be tackled from the roots, not superficially from the top. The thing that we got used to is that everybody is pointing fingers at everybody, without even sitting down to try and reach a general consensus.

6:37 PM

 
Blogger Um Naief said...

hmmmm... don't know what to say about this other than i disagree w/ giving just anyone a passport. wouldn't want to see that in america, but it does happen a lot.

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Munther said...

It is truly annoying tooners ! :X I don't mind givin passports to people who from we would benefit ! University degree holders, investors etc but doing the exact opposite is suicide ! I mean look at Australia, I think that they have a certain law that states that you have to have a certain amount of money in your Bank account to qualify for a citizenship hence eliminating the new comer of being a liability. Wish that we could at least do things this way ! :(

7:47 PM

 
Blogger Um Naief said...

you know, i heard.. maybe it's a rumor, but i heard that they're giving citizenship to the ppl that are buying on these islands that are popping up everywhere. is this the truth?? if so... that just isn't right.

i think what australia is doing sounds like a good idea.

2:00 PM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Jeez, giving citizenship to people buying on the islands? this is taking the micky ! The gov. might be thinking "OK they buy a BD 150,000 House so they are illegible for a passport coz they are investors ! :x wow very clever !

10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home