Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Khaleeji 18 is BACK !

Kahleeji 18 aka Gulf Cup in its 18th version, kicked of this evening, after 2 agonizing years of waiting and with it came the usual passion and drama ! Every couple of years I get the usual goosebumps and the usual butterflies in the stomach feeling, it still has the same roller coaster affect, and I am praying for all what I am worth that our national team's display doesn't kill me tomorrow! :P :D
What is so special about this competition ;which is not even acknowledged by FIFA as an official competition ? Beats me ! Is it because it was the first competition we got to follow as young kids ? Is it because the passion is handed from one generation to the other ? Is it because this is the only chance for us as a small nation to kick "if we can" the arses of the bigger sister nations "Obviously they can kick our arses military wise so having a war is out of the question ! :P" ? Or is it as simple as it being OUR competition ?

Every couple of years, I promise myself not to get too excited but it still happens ! I just can't bloody help it ! Anyway gotta end this post Kuwait vs Yemen is on ! Good luck to The Reds "Bahrain" ! :) Kick some Saudi arses tomorrow ! ;)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Khalid said...

Ya the gulf cup is great, thank God for the channels on the net or else I'd see absolutely nothing except the goals in the end. It looks like it's going to be a very tight tournament especially with the day 1 results.

As for Bahrain, I don't think we're prepared for this tournament. I hope they start off with a solid performance cause this is the most important game. As I didn't sleep properly last night, I had a few crazy dreams and one of them was the Bahrain-Saudi match which we won 6-4 but I'll doubt that it'll be anywhere close unless we see a goal festival. With Bahrain, I try to be optimistic but given our recent record, it's starting to get very tough hehe.

Yalla shabab, don't ruin the weekend for all the boys in Bahrain :).

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Khalid said...

Same ol same, just to complement my optimism remark. Whenever we take a lead, we blow it. I haven't seen the match but I think the 2 red cards speak for themselves and I even told my dad, we'll lose and that's exactly what happened in the last minute.

I personally think we blew our chances and for the team members of the "Gold Generation", I think it's over for you guys. Unless Bahrain gets back to its Asian cup 2004 performance, we'll lose.

Mind you though, am trying to be optimistic..

9:33 PM

 
Blogger Jingo said...

don't the Saudis have the mighty Al Jabar?

12:14 AM

 
Blogger Gaz said...

Any footy's cool,as they say it's a beutifull game,i still play 5 a side with the taxi lads,but i do try to stay in goal for most of it lol.

3:39 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Khalid: We played ugly footie "might have something to do with our new manager being an x defender and also a German" but for a team of 9 players after the send offs we embarrassed the Saudis for 89 minutes ! Still NOT good enough though :x The Iraqi team played an awesome match ! I was amazed by all the skill and pass and move tactics ! I think they'll win it :)

Jingoistic: where have you been mate ? We missed you man ! And no The Ugly bugger retired after the World Cup ! :D

Gaz: hehe and that's me thinking that I was the only one who pretends that he has a sore finger when ever asked to play in goal in a 5 a side game with lads ! :D

2:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home