Monday, September 04, 2006

Farewell Crocodile Hunter!!!

I was shocked when I heard the news that Steve Irwin died this morning. It's really unfotunate that while he was filming a feature for his daughter's show, he boxed a stingray whilst swimming over it and got hit in the chest by its barb. Apparently, his heart was pierced and he died shortly after. This though is a one-in-a-million accident (3rd fatal stingray accident in Australia), which just makes it more ill-fated.

As crazy as you were and as much as you said "Crikey", you brought joy and inspired millions around the world to learn more about nature. You'll always be remembered for the time when you held your one month old baby and fed a croc at the same time.


My condolences to Steve's family, close friends and whomever fell in love with nature's legend. In the end all I can say is: REST IN PEACE!!!




"I'm fair dinkum, like kangaroos, winged keels and bloody flies," he added. "I think I've got animals so genetically inside me that there's no way I could actually be anything else."

6 Comments:

Blogger Munther said...

This came as a shock to me ! I've always enjoyed the croc hunter, I've been reading all over the net of how abnormal of stingrays to cause fatalities although obviously they can inflect very dangerous injuries ! Its just steve was in the wrong place at the wrong time ! :( The reports are stating that the barb punctured his heart which caused a quick and hopefully a painless death. :(

RIP STEVE !

11:12 PM

 
Blogger Gaz said...

The guy was an absolute star,i'd sit their and nearly piss myself laffin when the guy jumped on crocks and stuff,a legend...R.I.P.

2:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People have been shocked around the world, our TV in the UK is still talking about him. It is a terrible waste of life of a man with so much fun and courage inside.

5:41 PM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Hiya Ellee..

First of all welcome to our blog. Coming to the subject, I am really lost for words when I think about steve, his death was so unexpected ! :( Was looking forward for the new series but it was not meant to be ! :( The only consolation for his family & fans is that he did what he loved the most and died while doing so ! :(

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Gaz said...

And what a way to go,not many people die doing what they love doing,but,i always thought a crock would get him?

3:59 AM

 
Blogger Um Naief said...

I loved this guy. Have watched him for years. His death was so ironic.

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home