Saturday, February 03, 2007

Body parts and evil backs

These days, I keep getting quite funny back pains and because we have a history of back injuries in the family one minor and one is severe (Khalid and His dad) I was hit with a panic attack ! Thinking oh god I am getting an operation on my back ! :D


You see, we all think that the various parts of our bodies are all on the same team. Not true. Your back, for example, hates your guts. yes it does !

The way you can tell that your back is evil is that it never warns you when it’s about to give you a painful, life altering sprain that will make you envy the dead, especially those with good backs.

Your back accumulates and stores slight injustices in the same way a camel’s hump stores water. Then your treacherous back watches and waits for the right opportunity to strike.

If you have ever had a severe back sprain, you can answer the following quiz with no problem. Which activity is most likely to result in the worst back pain of your life?

A. Skiing to outrace that good looking chick.
B. Lifting a car to save a baby
C. Kickboxing competition
D. Bending over to pick up a piece of Pringles you spit out while laughing at your own joke

The last thing that your back wants is for you to have an excellent story to divert you of some of your discomfort. Your back will not be happy until you are not only painfully weak but also a pathetic boring person in the eyes of others.

Other Person: “So, how did you end up in the full body cast?”

You: “Well, it’s a funny story. I was tying my shoe.”

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Khalid said...

Regarding my back injury, the reason I got it is because I took my body to the extreme, you know what I used to do with running, no mercy at all. It did pay massive dividends in terms of silverware but made me suffer a bit. Add to that some bad posture for a bit, but that's all. My dad's injury is another story.

So how's your back feeling now? Go for a hard Thai massage, that'll fix you up.

As for what'll probably hurt you more, i'll have to say bending down, might sount like the least harmful but I think it's the worst.

2:21 AM

 
Blogger Munther said...

Hey cuz,

Well, I know the reasons for both injuries. I just got worried thinking "oh, noooo not another back injury in the family !"

And about the back pain, well, it was just me over reacting, nothing much ! ;) erm cuz, did I mention that my birthday is next monday ! wink wink nudge nudge :D

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Gaz said...

I have a back problem,i cant get it off the bed in the morning HA-HA,only kidding,i do know what a bad back's like,it's nowhere near good!

12:10 AM

 
Blogger Um Naief said...

oh gosh... be careful w/ those thai massages!! i had one here and i thought she'd crack every bone in my body and she's not even licensed as a chiropractor!

you're right though.. back pain is the worst. i had it my entire pregnancy w/ it getting extreme for the last several months. i wouldn't want that pain every day!

4:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home